30yrs of experience in architecture design and project management and construction
Licensed Architect, State of Washington, 1995
Comfortable in a dynamic and ambiguous environment, with global experience including SE Asia, India, Russia, Mongolia
Experienced with management of large and complex projects, as well as multiple projects in a market or program
Facile with multiple tools to forecast and monitor scope/fee/schedule metrics and mitigate risk
Able to write contract language and produce fee build-ups, negotiate and execute agreements, including IFOA/IPD
Expert in MS Project and MS Office suite, good knowledge of Deltek Vision
Leadership & Communication
Leader of successful design teams that satisfy the diverse goals of stakeholders and internal and external clients
Dependable primary point of contact for internal and external project and team communications, client management
Effective collaborator who encourages mutual support of a team goal while constructively mentoring staff
Establish staff roles and responsibilities. Set clear, quantifiable expectations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Can consistently create, develop and present a concept design vision with compelling graphics for convincing and successful presentations
Award winning conceptual design and master planning
Problem solve the integration and coordination of building systems and structure
Experience in hospitality, retail, residential, corporate, mixed use, high-rise, both core and shell and interiors
Expert in SketchUp, InDesign
Practical knowledge of detailing and construction gained from on site experience
Participate effectively in on-site Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings
Hands on builder/developer/owner for several multifamily rehabs including a 7unit apartment building restoration with Federal and State Historic Tax Credits
Working knowledge of ProCore
Amazon.com. 2020-present. Sr. Design Manager, Standards. AMZL Transportation and Engineering Services, Design & Construction.
BiLT architects. Cincinnati, OH. 2014-2016, 2018-present. Design/Build architect and GC, Developer.
Gensler, Los Angeles, CA. 2018-2018. Design Manager
NBBJ, Los Angeles, CA. 2016-2018. Associate
Frank Israel Design Associates, 1989. Apprentice.
MORPHOSIS, 1988 . Apprentice.
Pereira Associates, 1987 . Apprentice.
Archetype Group, Hanoi and HCMC, Vietnam. 2011-2014. Design Director, Architecture
AEDAS Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam. 2010-2011. Senior Associate, Hanoi office leader
Callison LLC, Seattle WA. 1994-1998, 2002-2008. Associate Principal, Manager India Operations
NBBJ, Seattle WA, USA. 1998-2002. Associate
LMN, Seattle WA. 1992-1994. Designer.
M.Arch 1990, Southern California Institute of Architecture, LA CA.
BA 1986, Haverford College, Haverford PA.
From Amazon's Accolades Tool:
- "Andre's commitment to the design standard improvements exemplifies Insist on the Highest Standards. Andre continually challenges status quo within these documents to improve and clarify for stakeholders. Thank you Andre for your continued support."
- "Andre's Office Hours exemplifies customer obsession, insisting on the highest standards, and earns trust. Andre takes feedback from stakeholder teams on design criteria and template ambiguity and conflicts. Issues are discussed, root causes are determined, and solves are proposed. Andre is a trusted partner in raising the bar to establish quality design criteria for downstream customer use."
- "Your approach to educating the overall team member of the AMZL partners is based in customer obsession. Your presentations in [Design Review] meetings is always based upon simplifying. .. your knowledge is refreshing for all. My observation is that you dive deep, listen, comment, listen to responses and through it all consistently drive to the balanced answers that work for all the vast majority of the time."
- "Andre is extremely respectful and a pleasure to work with. He's been attentive to every design request/ inquiry of standards and addressing it for the team to resolve. Thank you!"
- "Andre Thank you for always making yourself available to answer very interesting and unique AMZL Design Standard questions! It's very much appreciated."
- "Andre, rarely a week can pass that someone on my team doesn't something ask Andre, he will know or can know where to get that design answer, or better yet have we covered the latest design updates. Not sure how we functioned before your arrival when there was not a point person insisting on the highest standards for the details required by us and consultants trying to keep up with design changes. So good to have your focus backing our efforts. Thank you"
"Dear Andre, We are pleased of the way you understood our philosophy and needs for the project. Your design has met to a great level our way of thinking, fulfilled with your own personal touch."
--Mr. Gregory Charitonos, Director, Medochemie (Far East) Ltd.
"What distinguishes Andre Bilokur is his creative diplomacy and team leadership. He encourages and brings out the best in those that work with and around him.
Andre can bring clarity and focus to otherwise seemingly intractable situations. His perceptive understanding of the main issues at hand, and the charting of the necessary course of action to achieve stakeholder concurrence (and benefit) is exemplary. He is, incidentally, a creative and experienced Architect, with a broad and engaging interest in art, history, design and human development. These understandings empower him to engage freely with people and issues that arise, to provide reasoned advice and guidance, including the clear charting of agreed courses of action for the parties involved. This is his diplomatic insight in practice.
I value highly Andre's advice and guidance, and believe that his blend of genuine talent, skills and fairness is what sets him apart from his peers. He is a path finder, and he brings out the best in those that have the opportunity to know him and to work with him."
--George Gallagher, Director, Tract Consultants.
“Dear Andre: I was impressed by the thought that went into the planning of the deliverables, your constant attention to providing what was promised, the balance of in-house and out-of-house capabilities, making sure that everyone knew what was expected of them and where it fit into the bigger picture. Well done...simple to do but rarely done.”
--Steven Epple, former CFO, Callison LLC
"By the way, all of my best wishes for you and your family and my appreciate for your support so far. You are the only among of my direct line Directors ... that I can confide and I really appreciate..."
--anonymous former staff member.